American Sailing Careers
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIESThere are currently no opportunities available.
American Sailing is seeking a talented individual to join our Marketing team and help us create and maintain an engaging and user-friendly online experience. The person in this role will be responsible for updating our website, online store, and learning platform, in addition to providing first-class technical support to website visitors and customers.
- Build responsive landing pages in WordPress using a page builder such as Cornerstone or Elementor.
- Collaborate with designers, marketing team, and CTO to ensure successful on-time project deliveries.
- Analyze and optimize the user experience including the sales conversion and online checkout process.
- Maintain WordPress/Themes/Plugins to ensure the best performance and user experience possible.
- Apply brand guide principles to all landing pages and website content.
- Provide concierge service answering questions from customers who have enrolled in online classes or seminars.
- Communicate professionally and enthusiastically with customers via phone/email to provide technical support.
SKILLS / Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience working with WordPress, WordPress themes, and WordPress plugins.
- Knowledge of responsive design and user experience principles.
- Fundamental HTML/CSS/JS skills and a basic understanding of SEO.
- Experience with Cornerstone, Elementor, Gravity Forms, LearnDash, ConstantContact, FileMaker, Teachable, Zoom, Zendesk, or Zapier would be advantageous.
- Experience with sailing and American Sailing Certifications is a plus but not required.
- A keen eye for design and an attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to function both independently and within a team structure.
The individual in this role would collaborate with multiple members of the Marketing team and report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
The position is full-time, i.e. 40 hours per week. It is a remote position so you must have a reliable, quiet work environment, and be capable of working without close supervision. At a minimum, we expect team members to be available for in-sync work between 9am – 2pm Pacific Time, Mondays through Fridays.
- Salary - $50k per year
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
American Sailing is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.